Saturday, October 29, 2016

Bed Bugs Complaints...

Hello Travelers!
Today we will talk about "Bed Bugs".
Remember when I suggested to ALWAYS read the guest's reviews before booking a Hotel room?
Also, try to booking trough a well known agency as Booking.com, Expedia, TripAdvisor, Hotels.com...they have a great customer service support and will do anything to keep their CSAT (customer service satisfaction) in a high score level and will help you out of any bad situation.
Let's see few reviews regards bug beds from real guests:

Marriott Orlando Airport:
GRIZZLEYRAY on 03/18/2014

I STAYED AT THE MOTEL MARCH 9-11 2014. I HAD BED BUGS IN MY ROOM 454 AND WHEN REPORTED TO MANAGEMENT THEY COULD NOT HAVE CARED ANY LESS. THEY OFFERED 2 FREE DRINKS AT THE BAR FOR COMPENSATION FOR LETTING BED BUGS CHEW ON ME FOR TWO NIGHTS. I DID MOVE TO A DIFFERENT ROOM, THEY DID NOT WANT TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT THE COST OF ROOMS BUT FINALLY DID GIVE ME TWO NIGHTS FREE. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS MOTEL TO ANYONE. WHAT A JOKE FOR A NAME BRAND MOTEL.
======================
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando - Airport North
Anonymous on 04/16/2015

We were in town for a conference and my coworker checked into her room and checked Her
Bed for bed bugs. Sure enough, she saw them crawling on the mattress and box spring. They moved her to another room.
======================
Residence Inn Orlando International Drive
Anonymous on 03/14/2014

I woke up after the first night stay on 3/4/14 and had three bites on my arm that itched like crazy ! I initially thought they might be flea bites but every day I woke up, there would be more bites on my other arm. We left on 3/9/14 and by that time, I had several & I think I brought them home with me cause now I have over 20 and went to the dr. today due to now they are welting - probably due to itching them so much ! Had to be put on a steroid and a histamine. These Have bites on my legs, face, neck, & buttock. I've read about bed bugs but never thought I would have to experience it first hand. I will be giving the hotel a call in hopes that they will fix the problem so other people don't have to go through this.
======================

Watch this short video:

22 comments:

  1. I HATE bedbugs! They give e the heeby geebies every time I look at them. I always check about the cleanliness of a hotel before I stay in one of them - especially asking how often they exterminate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bed bugs are horrible! If I were to travel on a budget, I would take time to search the internet for less expensive hotels but with good reviews. I just can't compromise my health for a few bucks more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you find suspicious bite marks anywhere on your body after waking up in the morning, check the sheets for blood stains. Sometimes we're so deeply sleeping that we can't notice bed bugs are biting us at night. If you find little red patches on the sheets, it's very possible that you've been bitten by a bed bug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why finding reliable resource in booking a hotel while travelling is a must. Bed bugs is a big no no in a traveller's life. Imagine, you want to relax after exploring a whole day and in the end, to find out you have a bizarre bites in your body? it is unforgivable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It just goes to show you have to research the hotel before you stay the night. Or just don't visit Ohio, period.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, I hate bed bugs as well. You will feel cheated out of whatever you paid for plus you'll not have a good night sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're lucky our place here don't have bed bugs. It is sad if you get beaten by bed bugs. Not only that you get rashes on your skin, you don't get enough sleep as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bed Bugs are a pain. Particularly because you cannot see them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bed bugs are the invisible problem in any room. hygene can reduce it but not a guarantee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your experiences with being bitten by bedbugs. You shouldn't have had to go through that. No one should! I know in some places it may be an epidemic, and this is why the hotel and motel need to work extra hard and but additional measures in place to make sure this problem is kept under control. Not doing so can cost them to lose a lot of money in both lost customers and possible lawsuits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bed bugs can really be bugging,(pun intended). I remember sleeping in a relatively affordable hotel while vacationing in South East Asia and waking up with lots of itchy, red spots. And to my horror, I saw the culprits, about 10 of them, after lifting the mattress. Such a horrible experience.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a hellish experience that must be for the guests. They should have asked the hotel to pay for their medical bills etc.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh I hate them so much! In my experience, they have those on old and cheap hotels. Motels most especially since visitors stay shortest on motels.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remembered my cousin who experienced this, I couldn't remember which hotel though. His skin was so sore and had rashes all over him. He was allergic to it I guess. Good thing they only stayed a night.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ugh that's disgusting! These hotels should make their staff take a refresher course on customer service because they badly need it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no, what a horrible experience! From now on, I will be suspicious of any marks I get on my body whether I am sleeping on a hotel bed or in my own home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bites from those disgusting bed bags can really be itchy and annoying. I always make it a point to bring anti-insect lotion to drive them off away. I guess it works, though some of them can really be stubborn.

    ReplyDelete

  18. Those bugs are too nasty! I do not travel without a good repellent and if I happen to happen in a hotel (I hope not) I would ask for a room change or a full refund and I would go elsewhere,

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is why I always read the review before do any hotel booking. For me, hotel cannot compromise on the bed bugs issues. Luckily so far, I didn't face any bed bugs issues during my hotel stay.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Small ones I can deal with cua I cannot see them. But big ones are just ahhh gross

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bugs are present everywhere but rare in a hotel. But it happens though.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bedbugs are a result of poor sanitation. The cleaning staff should have been reprimanded.

    ReplyDelete